My maiden name is Liz Henneberry and my married name is Liz Illenberger. I chose LA Henno as my pen name as a tribute to my nickname from high school, “Henno”.
I live in Avon Lake, Ohio with my husband, daughter, son, and dog, Kramer. Avon Lake is a suburb of Cleveland and I grew up in the town next door, Bay Village. I am a stay-at-home Mom right now and my husband is a 6th grade science teacher in Bay. I am a Buckeye alum and have a marketing degree from OSU. I went back years later to Cleveland State to get my middle school teaching license in math and English/language arts. I taught 7th and 8th graders for 3 years before having my first baby. I have always enjoyed writing and making up stories. The Meetings of Great Minds has been in the works for 10+ years. It was time to finish the project!
FAQS about Henno
- I was born with orange hair, not red, and I like it.
- I grew up with my dad and brother since I was a young toddler. I did spend time with my mom who lived in Cleveland.
- I wore a patch over one eye in Kindergarten and had glasses until 2nd grade.
- I played sports all of my life and still exercise regularly.
- I graduated from Bay High School (is the year really necessary?).
- I graduated from Ohio State University with a Marketing Degree (year, really?).
- I received my teaching license from Cleveland State University.
- Soon after, I started my book, which has become The Meetings of Great Minds.
- I got married when I was 31. My husband is 3 years younger, which stinks when bdays come around because I always hit the big ‘ones’ first!
- My dad passed away before I was ready for him to.
- My mom passed away a year after, before I was ready for her to. Are we ever really prepared for the death of a parent?
- I have a daughter who is shiny and bright.
- I have a son who is funny and cute.
- I have had dogs all of my life and our current dog, Kramer, is a chocolate lab. He’s becoming an old man, but the best companion anyone could ask for. He’s my shadow, my protector, my buddy. I still can’t believe how fast dogs age, or people for that matter; it’s hard to accept.
- I am 42, yikes! Did I just say that? I am pregnant with my 3rd baby and due in April, which puts me at 43 😮 Double yikes!